Position – Procurement Head
Location – Bangalore and Mumbai
Job Description – Supplier management – Excellent relationship with suppliers of construction materials specially steel, cement, aggregates and RMC
Procurement and Logistics
I. Procurement includes both
a) Direct Procurement or Raw Materials and
b) Indirect Procurement or Services
II. Streamlining the process which includes vendor development, vendor management,
negotiation, ERP, etc for materials and transportation
III. Vendor Development and Vendor Management
IV. Negotiate agreements with suppliers and transporters.
V. Follow up with material vendors and truckers to ensure timely turn around
VI. Ensure proper permit serviceability and freight plus other costs are tracked, monitored
and targets are achieved
VII. Planning and procurement of all requisite material and consumables required for the
upkeep of the site/ campus
VIII. Vendor development, material engineering, contract finalization and contract fulfilment
IX. Manage inventories, monitor consumption and place orders in a timely manner
Vendor Development and Management
1. Vendor development, negotiation and finalization for supply of materials, consumables
for overall functioning of the sites/ campus.
2. Identification, shortlisting, negotiation and finalization of contract
3. Ensuring that the appropriate service levels are incorporated into the contract and
enforced from both sides.
4. Identification, shortlisting, negotiation and finalization of rate of supplier for various
aspects of the sites, specially steel, cement, aggregates and RMC
5. Managing the inventory.
6. Follow up with Accounts for payment
1. Lead and guide a team who will be engaged for various facets of facilities management.
2. Ensuring a minimum discipline levels and acceptable work output from the employees.
3. Ensuring indoor / external training for upgrading skill required for the job